Pages

March 6, 2013

"Peg And The Whale" Craft

Peg And The Whale by Kenneth Oppel was really fun! I was searching for a story about a whale at our library. I found this book on the shelf and put back all my other choices.

I loved the detail on each page - we attempted to recreate these pages (otherwise known as a spread)

The kids enjoyed using the dry brushing technique with a few of our stencil brushes. Tapping brushes against paper is stress relieving for all ages. :)

After finishing our orange sky, each child used some crayons to add waves to their blue paper. Then, we got started on our puffy, pink clouds.

The end results were pretty awesome!

The bright colors felt refreshing in the middle of winter. I was happy to use a lot of my Elmer's construction paper. It never seems to stick together all the way. I'll be happy when it's gone!

 I painted 3 coffee filters with black tempera paint before hand. It gave the whales a wrinkly look. I'm glad I did this step ahead of time. Our final touch was adding Peg to the top of her whale!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)