Pages

March 28, 2013

Faith and Trust

The story I am about to tell involves the 7 year old that I babysit. He was playing with his sister's Leprechaun trap at the kitchen table. Technically, he should be the one pictured above, but we all know that little boys do not have time for pictures. They have superheros to play with, and Trio sets waiting to be built. One cannot simply sit still for a few minutes. ;)

We had just finished playing a homemade dice game with some plastic turtles - four to be exact. No one caught a leprechaun at school, and Gabriel thought something needed to go inside the trap. Aha! Turtles would get the job done. They were green after all! Moments before he had gotten his finger pinched inside the trap, and it really surprised me that he continued to play with it. Boys learn to be tough at a young age.

With a mischievous smirk on his face he turned to me and said, "Angela, close your eyes and stick your hand into this box!"

Hmm, I started to wonder what his intentions were. We had a casual conversation before I dared to expose my hand to any danger.

Me: You want me to do what? Ohhh no! I know what you are going to do. You're going to snap the box shut the second I put my hand inside.
G: No, I won't I promise!
Me: Then why are you smiling like that?
G: Just close your eyes.
Me: Okay, I trust you, but if you end up doing it...you're going straight to a time out. I know you understand how much that hurts. It just happened to you.

At this point my hand still hadn't left my side. If I really trusted him I would have put that trust to action. So, I closed my eyes extra tight, lifted my hand, and guess what?

He was telling the truth.

I always find it fascinating that God can use little things throughout the day to teach me important lessons. I just have to be ready to hear them.

"But without faith it is impossible to please him; for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

When we have faith in the Lord, we can trust Him. Faith starts in believing that He is. 

Faith - A settled conviction concerning the veracity (complete truthfulness) of God.

The attributes of God are endless! We can have faith that He speaks the truth. Our faith and trust need to be put to action. A lot of times that is easier said than done, but those who diligently seek Him will be rewarded for their faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)