Pages

March 17, 2013

Saint Patrick's Day!

The kids and I celebrated Saint Patrick's Day on Friday! We read Leprechaun's Gold by Pamela Duncan Edwards, The Night Before St. Patrick's Day by Natasha Wing, and Good Luck Bear by Greg Foley.

I threw together a quick Leprechaun craft with the help of Pinterest! (Noah's finished piece is pictured above)

 Lucy went wild when she added the freckles! It made me giggle, and she couldn't figure out why.

Gabriel's leprechaun was super silly. He loves to make his artwork stand out from the rest. He told me that it was wearing Groucho Marx glasses. He also tried his best to draw a tie, but he didn't like how it looked. Who knew sole patches could hide mistakes?

I tried to get a picture of all three leprechauns in one shot. This was the result. Lol!

Here's the Leprechaun collage that we made on Monday!

Even though the kids already heard The Leprechaun's Gold at school, they still enjoyed finding all 16 four leave clovers hidden within the book. It was a nice surprise! I had fun seeing them working as a team. What a perfect way to end the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)