Pages

March 16, 2013

A Pleasing Letter for Him

What if I told you that you are a letter? Say whaaat? A piece of paper with flawed strokes that carries a message with it? Yes! 2 Corinthians 3:3 makes this wonderful announcement to us. We are not written with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God! Take a moment to look at the world around us. I think it's safe to say that we want to get our message out. As I read this passage God revealed another truth to me. Blink and you might miss it.

I read verse five a couple times, and then it hit me. We are not Hikanos (enough or sufficient) of ourselves, but God is our Hikanotes (ability or competency to do something).

In Christ you can be a substantial letter. God wants to use you. In fact, you might be the only letter from God that some people will ever read. He chose to use fleshly tables of the heart instead of tables of stone. I believe that we often learn from the people we can relate to. We are not cold, lifeless objects.

I meditated on these verses and began wonder what my life proclaims. Does my letter show that I love the Lord with all my heart, soul, and might? That I am fearfully and wonderfully made? That I have been redeemed by the blood of the Lamb? Does it tell others that I trust Him fully? It's an interesting concept to think about. I don't want my letter to be full of empty words.

There is encouragement in knowing that I'm not in this alone. God gives me the ability to be a pleasing letter for Him. It is my prayer that my heart would be tuned to the Author of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)