Pages

November 9, 2012

Pumpkin Patch Art

Last month we made some crafty pumpkin patches using our fists. I got the idea from two Rachels that can be found here and hereThe kids were a bit disappointed that their pumpkins didn't look like the example picture that showed them. I guess our tempera paint was a bit runny. Even though we had different results, I still think they look great! 

We read How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? by Margaret McNamara and The Very Best Pumpkin by Mark Kimball Moulton

Noah surprised me by painting a fence at the top of his paper. "If you don't have a fence people can steal your pumpkins!" he explained. Of course his siblings thought that was a great idea.

Here is Gabriel's artwork. He likes to make his art different from everyone else's. The pumpkin on right has multiple stems. "This pumpkin is rolling really fast. That's why it has so many stems!"

Last but not least we have Little Lu's picture. She made big pumpkins and small pumpkins. I tried to convince her to connect them with squiggly vines, but she insisted on making the cutest leaves on each stem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)