Pages

June 14, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Listen

Hi friends! I'm linking up with Lisa-Jo for Five Minute Friday. I did a quick Navi doodle for the Legend of Zelda fans that read my blog. Today's word prompt is Listen.

GO

I didn't have anything to say, but I dialed the numbers on the phone anyway. I wanted to listen to that familiar voice. The one that is always there for me. Hearing the word, "Goodnight." with a smile that can be heard from miles away. It's always worth it.

And then there are moments where I need to vent. He doesn't have to have all the answers. Problems don't need to be solved. It's just nice to have someone that actually listens.

Every relationship is built upon trust and communication. Listening is HUGE. 

Don't interrupt.
Show patience.
Be that shoulder to cry on.
Have a heart that understands.

Sometimes listening is better than anything you can say.

STOP

Five Minute Friday

3 comments:

  1. How I can relate! Those familiar voices are so comforting to me as well. However, the most comforting sometimes is the silence that comes with listening. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! So beautiful! Coming over from SRT... love your blog, I signed up for everything you have! You have a gift, very encouraging writer, I look forward to more.
    Blessings,
    nannette
    a.k.a. Candace Jo ;)
    hopeinthehealing.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! I'm always on the look out for more readers. It's nice to have you here! :)

      Delete

Comments Make me Smile :)