Pages

October 9, 2012

Waiting Isn't Easy

The kids that I babysit need to put shoes on before they go outside. While this is ideal, they usually race outside before I get the chance to check their feet. On a normal day I have to corral the kids back inside, and watch them dreadfully put their shoes on.

Lucy was ready to go outside and swing, but I told her that she needed one thing. Shoes! Without missing a beat she ran into the other room. She asked me to help her reach the ones with the pink and yellow flowers. Why were these shoes out of her reach? I held the shoes and knew something wasn't right. They looked rather big compared to her other shoes. "Lucy, are you just trying to get me to let you wear these?" I asked. The smirk on her face answered my question loud and clear. She tried the shoes on hoping that they would suddenly fit. I knelt down to show her why she couldn't wear them yet. As soon as I finished my sentence she quickly turned the water works on.

I understood why this little princess was disappointed. They were cute shoes! I remember crying over a hand-me-down winter jacket when I was her age. Growing takes time, and waiting isn't the easiest thing to do!

As I put the mary janes away I began to have a light bulb moment. How many times do we want something right away? In many situations our timing is always...yesterday.

Should I take this job? Who will my future spouse be? What's the next step? The details of life can cause us to feel anxious and restless. If we think we are ready, we might even try to find ways around having to wait.

It is important to remember that God works things out in His perfect timing. I encourage you to take a moment to study Jeremiah 29:11. Did you catch thatGod has a plan for each individual, and He has our best in mind. We need to realize that God has a divine perspective that is far better than our own.

This Sovereign King is interested in being personally involved in our lives. He knows each one of us inside out! After all, isn't He the one who created you? He has the right, wisdom, and power to say "Stick with me, I have something better in mind."

Waiting upon the Lord is definitely a choice. We must be willing to remove our deadlines, and set aside our own agendas. This involves not only allowing Him to work but also giving Him our control.

God may desire to see you grow mentally, emotionally, or spiritually before he gives you the answer. Don't forget that He is always working behind the scenes! Waiting for His timing/direction will bring blessings, strength, and joy that lasts.

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)