Pages

May 31, 2013

A Wish Your Heart Makes

Dream. There are times I cringe at the word. Yeah I know. I should have a future ahead of me that I've been dreaming about my whole life. With graduation around the corner *ahem* TOMORROW, many cards will boldly tell me to follow MY dreams. That's all fine and dandy, but can I trust myself enough to do that?

Am I the only one that feels this is on the risky side? Too many people today get so caught up with the desires of their heart. God ends up at the sidelines, waiting to give direction to the ones who need it most.

Here's the problem. 
Dreaming without God's involvement is pointless.

My heart knows what makes me happy, but what will bring lasting joy?

It's almost like a kid in the candy store. Grandpa allows him to pick out any candy he wants. The child proceeds to eat every last piece, but is left with a tummy ache and regrets.

If we were truly honest with ourselves, I think everyone would admit that they don't know what's best. But there is beauty in knowing the One who does. He's the Alpha and Omega! 

I was just reading a graduation book called If God Gave You a Graduation Speech by Jay Payleitner. I came across a checklist at the end of the book.

1) Put Me first.
2) Live in Scripure
3) Listen to the Spirit
Then follow your heart.

Isn't that the truth. Psalm 16:11 says, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."

1 comment:

Comments Make me Smile :)