Pages

January 19, 2013

Jesus on the Shelf

Today I decided to stop by one of our thrift stores to see what I could find. I had a few minutes, and a project on my mind. When I found out that all books were 50% off I ran walked quickly over the that section of the store.

I saw this book sitting by itself. I scooped it up thinking, "Hey! I know exactly what this is!" It was The Jesus Storybook Bible Deluxe Edition written by Sally Lloyd-Jones. I have heard great reviews about this book!

I decided to flip through the pages to give them a health and wellness checkup. They weren't ripped anywhere, the dedication page wasn't used, and the bookmark was still creased in new condition. I knew that it was coming home with me.

I had the pleasure of serving with Chris and Sara Chavez this summer. God has given Mr. Chris the gift of sharing God's word to all ages. I enjoyed listening to Him teach at our VBS. This book reminds me of that week.

I have to mention that the doodle-like illustrations wonderful. Each chapter has great potential to hold the attention of its readers. Which isn't always an easy thing to do these days!

The book retails for $16.49 - I payed $2.05

Little things make me happy. ;)

I cannot wait to share it with the little people in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)