Pages

August 29, 2012

Back to School

The back to school aisles are dwindling, and that can only mean one thing. Summer is quickly coming to an end. It finally hit me that this is my last new school year. I only have 10 more months of school left? I'll admit, I do say that with a little excitement, but it also changes my focus a bit. I laid down last night and thought about what I would like to accomplish this year. This list could be a lot longer, but I also needed some sleep. Let's jump right into the bullet points, shall we?
  • Pass my road test on October 16th - I am on a quest to master the dreaded parallel parking!
  • Get into the routine of picking up the kids that I babysit from school everyday. This happens to be a big one...I'm almost positive their mother would not appreciate me leaving them there ;)
  • Stick to a set bedtime/morning routine - this is something that isn't so easy for a night owl like me
  • Get all my school work finished before 2:00pm 
  • Try to be more outgoing - being reserved is something that I'm good at
  • Start biking again - I haven't had a chance to take a ride on the nice bike trails this summer
  • Encourage others
  • Start reading more frequently
  • Have the Maranatha students over on Sundays - our church has adopted a group of college students that attend our church during the school year
  • Have fun being in youth group - who's ready to score some Sock Football touchdowns? We really need to play at least one game of Ultimate Frisbee before it snows. I'd also like to get better aim in Noodle Hockey! lol 
  • Stay in the Word - I find it easier to read my Bible at night when everything is calmed down/quiet. I just need to make sure that I save enough energy to do so
  • Have a consistent prayer life - this goes hand and hand with the last point. Sometimes I can get too busy during the day. When my devotional time comes around, I realize that I could have done a better job praying about things throughout the day
  • Keep this blog updated! Posting regularly without it becoming a chore is a new balancing act for me
  • Be spent for Christ
What are your goals for this school year? I would love to hear about them in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)