Pages

July 1, 2013

Abide in Me

Happy July! After spending some time in God's Word this morning, I thought I would share what I have been doing for my devotions. Kait introduced me to the She Reads Truth community recently, and I have been loving it!

My personal quiet time had been lacking after graduating. I used to always read a devotional geared towards teens. Unfortunately, our church stops handing them out once you are 18. Anyway, SRT is what's working for me now!

This morning we were in John 15:1-11. I love this book of the Bible. Two years ago, I attended a Bible study that covered the whole book of John. I'm still reaping the benefits of that. This is why it's realllly important to take notes. You'll be surprised how much more you remember!

I read the words "Abide in Me" and a certain song started playing in my head. Look up Abide With Me by Page CXVI. You'll be glad you did!

So, how are you abiding in Christ today? Let's make an effort to bear fruit. (v. 1-8) The nature of this fruit includes your character, conduct, and witnessing to the lost. Our fruit is a reflection of who we really are.

Galatians 5:22-24 is a great passage that walks about the fruit of a Christian.

But how do we produce fruit? 
1) By being cleansed daily with the Word (v. 2-3)
2) By abiding in Christ (v. 4-9)

Christ ends in our text by reminding us to love the brethren - Continue in His love!

He also encourages the disciples in verse 11. "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

As Christians we can have true joy when we are obeying Christ, and taking our responsibility seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)