Pages

June 19, 2012

Twenty-Two Books under $20.00

Recently, I have been updating our children's book collection. I sorted through our little white shelves for a couple of hours. You know the routine - A pile to keep, a pile to donate, and a pile to throw away. Some of these books were from my mom's old teaching days, and their covers were not attached anymore.

It still amazes me how far children's books have come in the past twenty years. Pages are now bursting with color, and it really makes the whole reading experience more fun! Now, you might be wondering why I am buying books on such an easy level. Shouldn't I be buying large chapter books now that I'm older? That's a good question! I sometimes find myself asking the same thing. I found a way to justify my thrift store bargains. There is always a child that would love to be read to.

I work with a variety of kids during the week. I have fun trying to find creative ways to entertain them. The kids at church love when I walk into the nursery with new toys. Their eyes light up, and they do a happy dance whenever they see me carrying a large bag of goodies. In addition to serving in the nursery, I babysit for a school teacher quite frequently. Inside my backpack I bring pre-made crafts, coloring sheets, and sometimes I'll throw in a book that goes with the theme of the day.

I think these are all great reason to buy fun books! I'm also pretty sure that my future children are going to be bookworms just like me. Their grandma has to have some exciting stories to read them, right? ;)

Book Titles and Their Original Prices
1. To the Rescue! by Sam Mckendry - $4.95
2. Ten in the Bed by Penny Dale - $5.99
3. Curious George: Touch and Feel Book by H. A. Rey - $5.99
4. My Many Colored Days by Dr Suess - $6.99
5. No No Yes Yes by Leslie Patricelli - $6.99
6. Follow the Bunny by Sarach Dillard - $5.99
7. Daddy and Me: A Lift-The-Flap Book by Karen Katz - $6.99
8. Curious George: Goes to a Chocolate Factory by H. A. Rey - $12.95
9. Now We have a Baby by Rock - $5.00
10. A Very Special Snowflake by Don Hoffman - $3.99
11. The Way I Fell by Jana Cain - $16.95
12. Storm Is Coming! by Heather Tekavec - $3.99
13. Where Do Balloons Go? An Uplifting Mystery by Jamie Lee Curtis - $16.99
14. Kisses by Nanda Roep & Marijke ten Cate - $4.95
15. The Dog Who Cried Wolf by Keiko Kasza -$3.99
16.Where Do You Sleep, Little One? by Patricia Hooper - $16.95
17. Snowbear's Christmas Countdown by Threasa Smythe - $14.95
18. Merry Christmas Curious George by H. A. Rey - $5.00
19. Snowmen At Christmas by Caralyn Buehner - $16.99
20. Bad Dog, Marley! by John Grogan - $16.99
21. Baby Knows Bes by Kathy Henderson - $15.95
22. The Complete Tales of Winnie-the-Pooh by Milne/Shephard - $35.00

All Children's books are 59 cents at Goodwill! I also had a 25% off coupon...bringing the grand total to $9.68!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)