Pages

June 29, 2012

Lakefront Festival of Arts

On June 16th our family headed down to the Milwaukee Lakefront to see some art! I took a lot of pictures, but I have been putting off blogging about it. I'll admit that I've been a bit lazy. Here's to getting some things done!
   
One of the main attractions was the Posters of Paris sand sculpture. An international team of sand sculptors made it out of 75 tons of sand!

Here is one side of the very detailed sculpture. It included a 16-foot replica of the Eiffel Tower.

This was a wooden clock created by James Borden. The time was off a little, but a even a broken clock is right twice a day, right? ;)

These birds are made by James & Victoria Mullan! Their feathers gave us some free entertainment as they blew in the wind. I enjoyed looking at all the little objects that each bird contained.

This bird was especially cute perched on a bird food tin. The yellow polka dot feather was adorable.

Bob McNally had a booth with Strumstucks for sale. Apparently they cannot play a wrong note. The stormtroopers hanging above them sure sold the product! lol

I really liked this water tower painted by Scott Olson. He came up with a really cool distressing technique using woodstain. 

The "Well Suited Hummer" made us laugh

I really liked the colors of this painting! I was very inspired by it!

This large whale was another one of my favorites. It was made out of all different scrap pieces. Some of them where even sections of old baseballs.

The lighting in this painting really stood out - I could not stop looking at it! Sorry about the weird camera angle. I always feel bad about taking pictures of an artists work when they are standing right next to me.

Mom and I loved this print that listed the "Pros and Cons of Small Dogs"

The chance to paint with watercolors was available to anyone. I took a picture of this tiger as we walked by.

This 3D tree looked great against a bright red background

Recently, I saw this Mixed Media dog in a magazine. A few weeks later I was able to meet the artist in person! Dolan Geiman has some pretty cool pieces.

That's all that I have to share with you for now. I will leave you with a picture of a bunny smelling some berries! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)