Pages

May 13, 2012

A Fragrance Dilemma


This weekend we were outside enjoying the nice weather. My mom said that something smelled really good, and I pointed her (along with her sniffing nose) over to the neighbor's front yard. They have a gorgeous flowering tree, and it smells amazing. Once we got closer to examine the tree, I showed her how detailed each flower was. My mom convinced me to run inside our house to grab my camera. Here is one of the pictures I took as a ray of light peeked through the gray rain clouds.

While I played around with camera angles I kept smelling the wonderful fragrance. This lead me to a dilemma that I always have around perfumes, lotions, scented candles, and air fresheners. I start to feel light headed and dizzy if I smell them too much.

I have countless stories about this, but I'll spare you some time and trouble by only telling you one. This winter I had to go to drivers ed class two hours a day, four times a week. They had an air freshener that constantly ran, and it made me feel so sick. When class was over each night, I had the biggest headache. Breathing in the fresh air as I walked to the car helped a lot. It took me a few nights to figure out what was causing me to be in such pain. At first I thought it was just due to stress, but the same thing happened every night. I believe that the vanilla smell was the culprit.

I'm thankful that God didn't make me a super girly girl. I don't think that I could handle wearing perfume all the time. This doesn't seem to be that big of a problem, as long as I don't smell pretty trees too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)