Pages

April 14, 2012

First Post!

Welcome to my first post! As you can see, I am jumping on this blog bandwagon. Lately I have been reading my friend's blogs and thinking, "Hey, I could do that!"

I have always enjoyed writing. In fact, when I first started school all I wanted to do was write stories inside my spiral bound notebook.

For a while I have struggled with thoughts about making my own blog. What would people think? Is what I have to say important enough to post online for all to see? Do I actually have enough time to sit down and write?

A few days ago I decided to put those thoughts aside and give blogging a try! It can't be that hard, right?
   
You might be asking yourself where did the title "Say It With Love" come from? I'm not going to lie. I had such a hard time thinking of a name. It just about drove me crazy...I knew what I wanted my blog to look like, but I was missing an important thing before I could begin - A title!
    
I searched the many books on our bookshelves for a quote to strike me, and saw a title out of the corner of my eye. The book's spine said, "Say It With Love". I read the name over and over. It had a nice ring to it, and it made me think of Ephesians 4:15 which reminds us to be speaking the truth in love.
   
To speak the truth in love means that you are saying something with respect, gentleness, and kindness - maintaining a person's dignity. I am going to closely examine my posts to make sure that I am writing with the character traits listed above.

This blog will be a place for me to post thoughts, memories, and life lessons that I have learned. I have already had a blast working on it, and I am very excited to see what it becomes in the future!

1 comment:

Comments Make me Smile :)