We have been making this recipe since 2006! I think it was originally from Kraft Food & Family Magazine, but you know how that goes. We have a few recipes that have been written down on so many cards. There's a reason they are called family favorites! After describing this dessert to our guests, they usually give us a questionable look. It's always a good sign when they end up taking seconds. ;)
1 (18.25 oz.) Betty Crocker yellow cake mix
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 (15 oz.) can of pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 tsp cinnamon
4 large eggs or 1 cup liquid egg substitute
1 Cool Whip for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9x13" glass pan. A standard size Bundt pan, or two 9-inch cake pans could also be used.
- In a large bowl mix together the yellow cake mix, sugar, oil, pumpkin, water, cinnamon, and eggs. Beat until well blended.
- Transfer to the baking dish or cake pans.
- Bake at 350° F for 45 minutes, cool on wire rack.
- Serve and top with Cool Whip.
Wishing a happy Autumn to all of my followers. Let me know if you try the cake!