Pages

April 9, 2013

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss

Back in March we had a week full of Dr. Seuss activities. I have been meaning to post about it, but life has been pretty busy! The kids love to make popsicle stick puppets, and we hadn't made any since Groundhog day. I wanted to find a way to incorporate them into this craft. Making a Topsy Turvy cake seemed to be very fitting.

Lucy got to work painting Bowtie pasta red

Gabriel and I worked on drawing characters from the books. I gave him a few verbal prompts here in there. 
"What would you put on a cake for Dr. Suess?"

Our finished Cat in the Hat puppets

I carefully cut small slits in the paper with a razor blade and reinforced it with packing tape. The puppets took the place of candles at the top of the cake! Unfortunately, one of our artists was under the weather. We saved his puppet for him, and it was added later on.

I found this fun Lorax game on pinterest!

Rachel @ Joyfully Weary provided this awesome Cat in the Hat Matching Game printable.
You can find more Dr. Seuss themed activities here.

At the end of the week Lucy handed me this super detailed drawing. It was a great way to say thank you! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)