Pages

June 6, 2012

Kite Flying


I laughed because I had trouble getting the kite in the air. Dad stepped in wanting to be the man, He thought that he could easily get it to fly. After a few failed attempts he handed the kite back to me claiming that it wasn't windy enough. I wasn't ready to give up that quickly! I continued to run with the kite chasing behind me.


I eventually was able to get my rainbow kite to fly! This was after the string broke, and it went flying towards the trees. I enjoyed watching Dad chase after our runway kite. As I tied the string back on the kite, we had a discussion about how to hold the kite while preparing to launch it. "Dad,  the pretty side faces you. Just like bed sheets!"-Angela


It was harder to keep the kite in the air than I remembered! I was holding onto that string for dear life! Mom was taking pictures without her glasses again lol. I yelled across the field, and nearly made the kite fly into dad...Oops!

There was a chance of severe thunderstorms in the area. We packed up our bags when the sky began to prove that the weatherman wasn't lying. Benjamin Franklin was not our role model! Haha

"The optimist pleasantly ponders how high his kite will fly; the pessimist woefully wonders how soon his kite will fall." - William A. Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments Make me Smile :)